News Feed Discussions First post – post vasectomy pain person – had relief with one reversal but still burning pain high up in cord/inguinal area

• First post – post vasectomy pain person – had relief with one reversal but still burning pain high up in cord/inguinal area

Posted by Moharak on February 6, 2016 at 3:55 am

Hello,

I underwent a vasectomy in December of 2007. By late 2008/early 2009 I was starting to experience a lot of discomfort sitting and started using cutout cushions believing I was having prostate problems. Things got worse and worse. I would starting waking with excruciating burning pain in my groin at night usually after nocturnal erections. It took until a case of epididymitis in year three to suspect the vasectomy. It took me two years to get reversed and by then I was nearly crippled, could not sit, or exercise. The pain was mostly high up on the left in my groin as the urologist had punctured my scrotum very high up on the left when he performed the vasectomy.

After the reversal I experienced a great deal of relief. I can sleep through the night now and for about 10 1/2 months, despite some surgical/healing discomfort I felt I was trending better and then I had a setback. Since then I’ve deteriorated somewhat. I now have a lot of pain when sitting. It’s a burning pain up in the cord on the left. Sometimes I think it’s the cord, sometimes the pelvic floor. I feel like I’m being stabbed with a needle high up on the left where the cord plunges into my body at the base of my penis. I have been evaluated for a hernia. The results came back as a small mass of possibly fat, very small, possibly an inguinal hernia. I have also had a couple of ultrasounds standing where a hernia has not been seen.

I think it’s neuralgia in the cord on the left, possibly a neuroma or maybe an entrapped nerve. I’m here to see if any of the doctors have any suggestions as to what I can do to possibly get relief.

Thanks,
    Mike

drtowfigh replied 8 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • drtowfigh

February 9, 2016 at 5:58 am

First post – post vasectomy pain person – had relief with one reversal but still burning pain high up in cord/inguinal area

Neuroma usually occurs many many months postoperatively, so it is certainly a possibility.

Allow me to ask my urology colleagues.