News Feed Discussions Hernia Pain

• Hernia Pain

Posted by candee on February 19, 2017 at 5:34 pm

I am a female 58 and had a lower right small inguinal hernia repaired open and with mesh 14 months ago. I am now having the same right side pain i had before the surgery. The pain started a month ago and for the last two weeks I have had severe bladder pain and frequent urination. Can’t sleep, up to use the restroom about 7 times a night. No UTI, waiting to get into a Urologist, they said it will take more than a month to see the urologist. Can this bladder issue also be related to the hernia?
    Scared out of my mind, had a pelvic ultrasound and want to know if this can be related and should I ask my internal med dr for any other tests while waiting painfully to see the urologist.

drtowfigh replied 7 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • drtowfigh

March 22, 2017 at 4:51 pm

HI. What is the update on your status? Bladder irritation from hernia repair can occur but is rare.

• candee

February 19, 2017 at 5:54 pm

Sorry for the reposting. I haven’t slept in a week due to pain. I guess I shouldn’t say IC, because I have not been diagnosed with that. i am just curious if I could have inflamed the area where the mesh is from my surgery, I was doing some yard work before this started. Can that irritation move into the bladder area and cause the bladder pain by any chance?