News Feed Discussions Hernia returned or a new one.

• Hernia returned or a new one.

Posted by Tam43 on June 12, 2016 at 10:04 pm

hi, I’ve just found this site while I was browsing and hoping to get some help. I am from the UK and twelve months ago I had hernia surgery. I’d had lots of problems before this, following a hysterectomy four years ago I have suffered from abdominal adhesions and chronic pelvic pain. I discovered that one of the causes of pain could be from a hidden hernia so after insisting, I had an ultrasound scan. The scan did indeed show that I had an incisional hernia despite there being no obvious lump. During surgery, my surgeon also discovered that I had a femoral hernia and he repaired them both using mesh. Unfortunately this has not helped my pain issues very much, and now, 12 months later I am in agony in my groin area. I am unable to stand for very long as I get a lot of pain and have a constant dull, dragging pain. I also think I have felt a lump a couple of times. I’m waiting to see my surgeon again, but I’m getting desperate. I can’t remember having this much pain from the actual hernias last time, and it’s right in the area of a femoral hernia again. Could it have returned, or maybe been affected by my adhesions? Or maybe it’s just a new hernia. I’m going to ring the surgeons secretary tomorrow and ask them to rush the appointment through because I can’t cope with extra pain on top of my normal levels! Thankyou for any advice or replies. 🙁

drtowfigh replied 7 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • drtowfigh

June 29, 2016 at 5:04 am

Hernia returned or a new one.

Hi there. Thanks for posting. Where is your pain now? How was the femoral hernia repaired? What about the incisional hernia?
    These are important questions as each repair type has its own type of complications, recurrence rate, and so on.
    Did you see your surgeon in followup?