News Feed Discussions hernia vs muscle spasm????

• hernia vs muscle spasm????

Posted by Anonymous on July 8, 2013 at 5:56 pm

it all started for me about 10 years ago, I was blowing up balloons and i had this attack pop out kind of similar to a babys foot. it pops out and i am in severe pain for llike 30 seconds i have to stand and apply pressure. It used to be only on the left side, now it can happen anywhere on the top of my stomach. If i have to cough i must hold my belly to apply pressure so that wont happen. I had 3 in one day recently, I went to emergency because i was a lil worried. the dr felt it when i did a coughing exam, he made me an appt with the surgon, i went there and the surgon did a physical exam and coughing exam and he did not feel it. I had a gall bladder removal 4 yrs ago, he said he thought that that would be odd that the surgon who removed my gallbladder did not see this. He sent me for a CT scan, i am now waiting for my results on july 19th 2013. I am hoping that i can get answers, I can no longer do situps or bend properly or dare catch a cold. If it is only a muscle issue i have to live with i will be seriously scared to live my life like this.

queerine replied 10 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • queerine

February 7, 2014 at 4:45 pm

hernia vs muscle spasm????

test

• drtowfigh

October 15, 2013 at 7:44 am

hernia vs muscle spasm????

CT scan should show an abdominal her now, though it’s not as good for groin hernias. Your symptoms sound very much like a hernia. Curious what CT showed and what plan of care has been.