News Feed Discussions HerniaTalk **LIVE** Q&A with Dr David Earle 08/18/2020

• HerniaTalk **LIVE** Q&A with Dr David Earle 08/18/2020

Posted by drtowfigh on August 11, 2020 at 9:34 pm

On our upcoming HerniaTalk **LIVE** Q&A session, we are going to change it up a bit. Our Guest Panelist is Dr. David Earle. He is a contributor here on HerniaTalk and is a laparoscopic and hernia surgeon in Massachusetts. What you may not know is that Dr. Earle also used to be a Medical Officer with the US FDA (Food and Drug Administration). I hope to get his insight on the role of the FDA in the past, present, and future of hernia care.

When: Aug 18, 2020 04:30 PM Pacific Time (GMT -7)
    Topic: HerniaTalk **LIVE** Q&A with Dr. David Earle 08/18/2020

Register in advance for this webinar:
    https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_WjmR7fx0TaiVdHEThkhv7Q

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

• This discussion was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  drtowfigh.
    Alephy replied 3 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Alephy

August 24, 2020 at 6:30 am

Thanks a lot for your answer!

• drtowfigh

August 23, 2020 at 12:13 pm

Yes to all your questions.

• Alephy

August 23, 2020 at 9:12 am

It was indeed a nice discussion!

Did I understand right that while allergies to the meshes are very rare, reactions are more common?
    Also, did I understand right that the risk of these body reactions is lower with bio (organic) meshes?

As I have urticaria would this warrant the use of such bio meshes rather than the synthetic ones then? As the discussion also mentioned reinforced organic meshes (I think the ones made with pig tissue were mentioned), do the Ovitex meshes also have a lower risk somehow?

Thanks a lot!

• drtowfigh

August 22, 2020 at 4:29 pm

This was indeed a great session of HerniaTalk. We spent nearly the entire time taking about the role of the FDA in past, present, and future clearance of hernia mesh devices, especially mesh.

You can watch it’s entirety here: https://youtu.be/Fz76SCdSV8M

• Jim Frey

August 19, 2020 at 6:15 pm

Hi!

I just heard from a friend of mine that the discussion yesterday with Dr. Earle was really interesting and informative so I just signed on to Hernia Talk!

Is there a recording I could listen to?

Thanks!

Jim Frey