News Feed Discussions Hopefully not again

• Hopefully not again

Posted by aminuts on December 19, 2017 at 4:47 am

Well I’m 2 1/2 years post up bilateral inguinal and femoral hernias! Was doing fantastic until a few weeks ago! Lifted and moved two good size rocks not to far but felt a pull? Oh no well I’ve noticed my stomach to the right of navel and below navel lots of discomfort and a couple days of bad pain! Thought maybe appendix but would disapate so I know it’s not that! Went to urgent care on Sunday with pain in abdomen and did blood work to rule out infection and ultra sound of abdomen and pelvis! The symptoms very similar to before. Now I’m feeling the stretching and ripping on both sides! I wake up feeling good thinking ok pulled muscle but by afternoon standing, sitting everything the same as before! My question is I always feel something gets stuck around my abdomen on right ever since my gallbladder surgery in 2012. Maybe scar tissue but this always feels like my culprit. Is that possible? Should I not be doing everything I use to do prior to undiagnosed hernias for 2 years. I had the best surgeon (Dr. Towfigh)! I will be having ultra sound soon but not confident! If still continues and nothing is found I will revisit the online consultation as Dr towfigh will be the only one I BELIEVE!
    Sorry so long but I’m sure others would like to know so as not to end up like I may have by doing something dumb. Thanks!

Lucky46 replied 6 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Lucky46

December 19, 2017 at 10:46 pm

Well,even though I was careful it feels like recurrence..I took a job to make ends meet in the interim while things at my regular job are slow,they send us home until work picks up.And at the new job is where I hurt myself but didn’t go back due to other reasons. I didn’t feel this recurrence pain till weeks ago.

Now I can’t go back to my regular job and can’t take anything else being hurt.i have no health insurance and am flat broke living on very very little.I can get insurance cause iam unemployed and darn near homeless….BUT, even if Dr. Towfigh’s office accepted it I have no way to get there and such.

I hope your situation is better than mine.
    And no, after this I truly believe you can not go back to pre hernia activities even being careful as it is just a matter of time before an issue arises.
    I have a friend who left this city a few months ago who had mesh issues as well and not one Dr. here would touch him.Same as me too when I last had insurance..I could not find a doctor who would even repair my umbilical hernia. I feel my life is over.

Best of luck.

​​​

• aminuts

December 19, 2017 at 8:51 pm

ultra sound Thursday if I make it! Pain still there, thinking may be a kidney stone (hoping easier fix) lower back achy now and puffy in pelvis near bladder maybe that’s what is pushing on my previous surgeries! I’ll let all know when I know!