News Feed Discussions Information gathering: when to stop?

• Information gathering: when to stop?

Posted by Alephy on January 11, 2020 at 7:29 am

In the last 4 weeks or so I have read as much as I could on the subject of inguinal hernias, going as far as reading the stats analysis behind the studies (have a solid stats background). When/Where does one stop with the information gathering?
    I have realised that the process of gathering information is in itself part of the cure, as one can actively do something about it (and in fact often the only thing)…

Does it stop with a surgeon one can trust?

BTW I am also wondering whether one should trust a public hospital more than a private one/privat cabinet? Granted in both cases one can find excellent or terrible people…

From what I have read in this forum, a lot of the positive experience pre/during/after the procedure was due to the respect/support/understanding from the human point o view that the surgeon(s) offered…the more so when a patient was seeking help after a failed procedure that left him/her in severe pain….

I have also realised that there is understanding for diseases like cancer but very little for chronic pain (as some said, you cannot see/touch it therefore is not there)…

dog replied 4 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • dog

January 11, 2020 at 9:15 pm

Please don’t lose sleep on that…it is really miner when done correctly,but could lifelong p;problem if it’s not. the best way is to get doctor with proven success rate,,and let them to decide how to go over your surgery

• dog

January 11, 2020 at 9:14 pm

ar Alephy, please don’t lose sleep on that…it is really minor when done correctly,but could lifelong problem if it’s not…. the best way is to get doctor ….with proven success rate,,and let them to decide how to go over your surgery.