News Feed Discussions information on trauma hernias needed

• information on trauma hernias needed

Posted by raindrop on June 3, 2017 at 3:35 pm

I read a little about trauma hernias, I wonder if I might have that. I was also wondering if it is possible to get more than one hernia after a traumatic penetration? (I might have redundant stuff on this platform because yesterday or at 2 am, I didn’t realize I was going to post a new topic today).

How does one get a trauma hernia? I am a woman, and my pain started from my left labia in a straight line to about 1 inch below my left ovary. Over time, the pain started to be more on my left side. My previous internist (I had to pay out of pocket to see her) said where I was pointing to the pain is where I have a bone and a muscle. Told me to give it a few more weeks to see if the pain would go away on its own.

About 9 weeks after my pain began, I got an ultrasound done in the area where I pointed to the pain and with the valsalva. I was told I have a small left inguinal hernia. Could an ultrasound report be incorrect? I ask because, lifting my left leg and putting anything with weight on my left leg hurts. I didn’t know if that is the case with an inguinal hernia. I also have pain on the crease of my left leg. Now, I noticed a tiny lump about the size of a finger nail close to where it hurts, but pressing down on the lump doesn’t hurt. The lump sticks out and is oval in shape but I have to press my skin down to see it. I don’t want too press hard. It also doesn’t push back in. I also noticed another tiny lump right on top of the line where my two labia meet. It is about 1/2 inch or an inch above that line. It is small and is not a pimple. It feels similar to the little lump on my left side that is close to the leg crease. I am so worried that the one on my vagina is hernia too because of its location. Both lumps are in a straight line from each other. I did first notice those lumps a day or two after applying a cream I bought at a homeopathic store for the relief of muscular pain.

I can’t sleep comfortably anymore because laying on the side causes my legs to touch and that hurts. Laying on my back sometimes hurts too. The best position to be pain free is to sit down. Pulling doors also hurts. I can’t carry anything anymore not even a full jar of peanut butter bc I get pain. I am worried that the hernia is going to get or is already incarcerated. Yesterday, I woke up feeling a pinch by my left crease and pain/discomfort to my inner thigh and in back of my knee. I can’t bend my left toe with as much strength as my right toe. This morning, I tried stretching both of my legs forward while laying on my back, and my left crease hurt. If I do have a trauma hernia or hernias, are those operated on the same way as a normal hernia or do special precautions or techniques need to be used? I am worried. Thank you.

raindrop replied 6 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • raindrop

June 3, 2017 at 3:58 pm

Hi Dr, Towfigh, That is good to know. I have found a lot of useful information and clarification here. Thank you for helping us.

• drtowfigh

June 3, 2017 at 3:41 pm

Ho
    im glad you chose this forum for your questions. Lots of information here for you.
    A traumatic hernia is exactly that: you need to be in a really bad car accident, for example, to exert the force needed to case an burst of muscles. It’s typically a flank hernia and large. You don’t sound like you have a traumatic hernia. Those are quite challenging to repair.