News Feed Discussions Inguinal hernia patients – pain referred to penis/scrotum with stool movements?

• Inguinal hernia patients – pain referred to penis/scrotum with stool movements?

Posted by poopypain on April 25, 2018 at 1:05 am

Interested in hearing from inguinal hernia patients that have had pain referred to penis/scrotum during stool movements. Or from medical professionals that have had patients that had the same.

Inguinal hernia patients – anyone have pain referred to penis/scrotum with stool movements?

Ronco replied 6 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Ronco

April 28, 2018 at 11:19 pm

Yes, I had something similar before I had my inguinal hernia repaired. A full bowel often gave a burning pain sometimes at the penis base, but more often, at the scrotum and below to the perineum. Pain always reduced after the bowel movement

• drtowfigh

April 28, 2018 at 8:43 pm

If there is an inguinal or groin hernia, some patients do get worse Hernia pain before the bowel movement. This is because of the extra bulk of volume in the pelvis.

If there is straining or constipation that can also contribute to Hernia pain.

Pain to the scrotum or base of penis may be related to hernias. Actual penile pain is a different anatomy than the groin