News Feed Discussions INGUINAL HERNIA – WHY IS RIGHT TESTICLE MUCH HIGHER?

• INGUINAL HERNIA – WHY IS RIGHT TESTICLE MUCH HIGHER?

Posted by Luke on August 23, 2020 at 4:56 pm

I have a right side Inguinal hernia which I believe is an indirect. The lump is approximately 75% the size of a ping ping ball. It comes out quickly upon standing, eating or using the bathroom. I’ve noticed my right testicle is about 1.5″ higher than my left side which i never had that issue before. I am able to gently pull it down to the same level as the left side but it quickly returns as soon as I let it go. I also noticed when I breathe in and out the right testicle will expand and contract. I’m guessing the hernia sac is inside the spermatic cord which is why this is happening but I’d like opinions, or someone who’s experienced similar, to chime in. I’d also like to find out if this is considered a large, medium or small hernia based on the symptoms. Although the bulge is not very large in guessing this may be a larger indirect hernia considering it has clearly made its way down into the scrotum.

DrBrown replied 3 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • DrBrown

September 2, 2020 at 11:12 am

Dear Luke.
    The cremasteric muscles will often pull the testicle up when something pops out of the hernia.
    Everything should return to normal after the hernia is repaired.
    Strongly consider a nonmesh repair.
    Regards.
    Bill Brown MD

• DrBrown

August 26, 2020 at 1:47 pm

Dear Luke.
    You probably have an indirect hernia.
    The hernia is probably small.
    The retraction of the testicle is not dangerous to the testicle.
    I advise you to have the hernia repaired when convenient for you.
    Regards.
    Bill Brown MD

• Luke

August 31, 2020 at 6:30 pm

So why does the one side testical hang so much higher than the other? Could you elaborate on why this is happening and what’s going on inside?