News Feed Discussions Is this a hernia?

• Is this a hernia?

Posted by Emilyp2000 on May 16, 2017 at 9:43 pm

Hi, for the past month I’ve been experiencing pain in my belly button. At the very beginning I assumed it was just an infection as it had a bit of a smell from it and was red looking but then the pain started to get worse. The pain isn’t awful but it is definitely noticeable and can get worse at night when trying to turn in bed. I had a better look a couple of days ago and freaked out when I found a lump inside my belly button near the top. It’s soft but it’s quite firm and can’t be pushed back in. Every morning when I wake up my belly button and the surrounding area feels wet and is smelly. I have anxiety disorder so I’m feeling really stressed out and nervous over this, I’m terrified about going to the doctor.

drtowfigh replied 6 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • drtowfigh

May 27, 2017 at 4:09 pm

Looks like an infection. Smells like an infection.

Sometimes these can can be infected urachal cysts. If antibiotics don’t cure, may need local surgery.

• mela414

May 18, 2017 at 10:29 pm

Ok good luck. At least you don’t need surgery!! Hope you feel better fast!

• Emilyp2000

May 18, 2017 at 10:15 pm
    quote mela414:

Did you go to the doctor yet?
    mel

The doctor thinks it’s just an infection that’s went swollen. Got some antibiotics, really relieved it’s not a hernia!

• mela414

May 18, 2017 at 5:35 pm

Did you go to the doctor yet?
    mel

• Emilyp2000

May 17, 2017 at 1:17 am
    quote mela414:

Yes. Glad you are going Thursday. Please keep us posted. Does it hurt? Try not to stress you will get this examined and resolved soon.

Yes, it has been hurting. It’s not an unbearable pain but it is definitely noticeable and quite uncomfortable. If pressure is applied to the area it hurts even more, especially lying in bed at night.

• mela414

May 17, 2017 at 1:10 am

Yes. Glad you are going Thursday. Please keep us posted. Does it hurt? Try not to stress you will get this examined and resolved soon.

• Emilyp2000

May 17, 2017 at 12:52 am
    quote mela414:

I don’t see a picture.
    Mel

Can you see the picture now?

• mela414

May 17, 2017 at 12:41 am

I don’t see a picture.
    Mel

• Emilyp2000

May 17, 2017 at 12:32 am

Heres a picture of it.

Attachments:

• Emilyp2000

May 17, 2017 at 12:30 am
    quote mela414:

You need to get it checked. It doesn’t sound right. If it’s not a hernia it could be an infection. Please don’t wait.

I’ve got an appointment for Thursday. Really freaking out over it though. My mind is going crazy with all these different possibilities and I can’t stop worrying.

• mela414

May 17, 2017 at 12:20 am

You need to get it checked. It doesn’t sound right. If it’s not a hernia it could be an infection. Please don’t wait.