News Feed Discussions Just had inguinal hernia Robotic Surgery yesterday

• Just had inguinal hernia Robotic Surgery yesterday

Posted by dand on September 16, 2016 at 1:38 pm

Pre- surgery jitters turned out to be a lot worst then post. Surgery took 3 hours so far no pain meds needed. Hernia was size of a cantaloupe going into scrotum. Operation took 3 hours. A progrip mesh was used. I will ask for a Surgery Report to know more info.
    Of course getting up & down out of bed gave some minimal pain. Just wanted to know from forum members when they experienced pain… day after surgery… week after surgery etc?
    Taking some forum advice & constantly icing (should the hernia are be iced or scrotum or both)? I am doing lots of walking & that is when I feel my best. Drank some pure unsweetened cranberry juice before I went to bed as I read it helps with healing & had the worst case of Gerds & nausea feeling that I ever had. Not sure if the juice might have been spoiled?
    I was told to climb steps only once a day, not to go on a treadmill, & no driving for 1 week…. is this normal post surgery advice.
    Happy to be past the surgery as I have had this hernia for 14 years. Will add to this post with future progress.

dand replied 7 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • dand

September 17, 2016 at 8:58 pm

Just had inguinal hernia Robotic Surgery yesterday

2nd Day even better then 1st. No pain no meds. I am walking & icing a lot.
    I will try to post at least every 2 days on how I feel… then finalize the whole experience after I meet with surgeon in 2 weeks.
    Hope I am one of the more positive experiences with mesh hernia surgery on the forum as they are far & in-between… although there were some that gave me hope pre-surgery.
    Other positive experience forum members should reply to this post as we all know it is a frightening experience anticipating hernia surgery after reading all the negative experiences.