News Feed Discussions Knee problems…

• Knee problems…

Posted by NFG12 on January 14, 2016 at 7:18 pm

I’ve had the typical inguinal pain and a slight burning sensation down the front of my quad and inner thigh that stops at the knee. My hip constantly aches. My question is about the knee joint. I’ve never had knee issues until 3-4 months post op and now my knee really cracks and pops. I was curious to know how common knee issues are after these types of nerve injuries. The two issues may not even be related. However, I find it ironic that only the joints (hip/knee) on the same side as the injury are affected. Perhaps an atrophy of the muscles or pelvic alignment issues are the cause? Anyone else have pain in their knee post op? Thanks!!

patbenett replied 8 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • drtowfigh

February 9, 2016 at 7:17 am

Knee problems…

That can be fixed

• patbenett

January 24, 2016 at 7:36 pm

Knee problems…

I have joints issue on the side of my hernia operation for 2 years already. I have worked with PT to adjust my pelvis alignment but not very effective. Along with that I have severe pain from my lower abdominal area. Probably mesh has folded and keeps pulling the muscles, which produce all of the myofascial problems.

• drtowfigh

January 22, 2016 at 6:09 am

Knee problems…

I have had 3 patients with hernias with similar knee complaints. Not sure what the cause is. Got better after hernia repair.

• NFG12

January 18, 2016 at 3:11 am

Knee problems…

Thank you for the response. I’ve been working with a pelvic PT who found my pelvis was rotated towards the side with the damage. However, it seems like we got most of that under control. I do have quite a bit of burning down the quad and inner thigh. Is it possible to have muscle atrophy as a result and the weakness in muscle puts my knee at risk? Sometimes when I walk I feel like my knee wants to give out. However, I can run and jump without issue. Thanks again.

• drtowfigh

January 17, 2016 at 4:47 pm

Knee problems…

I’m not aware of any direct relationship.
    It’s possible that weakness of the pelvic floor region may adversely affect pelvic alignment and induce more stress on the respective joints. However, for sure there is no correlation that we see at this time.