News Feed Discussions Lightning Bolts

• Lightning Bolts

Posted by Magpla on March 9, 2017 at 12:58 am

Starting in November, I started having odd pain in lower left quadrant. I’m a female and immediately found myself at gynecologist. Since then, I’ve had every test under the sun. Ultrasound, xrays, bloodwork, and MRi. All normal.
    I get burning, twisting, pain in same area. It doesn’t hurt to cough, laugh, lay on belly, or lift things. I’ve been told my Psoaz muscle is so tight that this could be the cause. I’m concerned about a hidden hernia. Wouldn’t I be having at least one of the classic signs?n

Magpla replied 7 years ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Magpla

March 16, 2017 at 12:09 am

Thanks so much for your replies. I was ordered an ultrasound this week. Before going, I want to make sure it is a dynamic one.

• drtowfigh

March 12, 2017 at 7:56 pm

Hidden hernias in women usually have pain in the same area, with radiation to the hip, back, vagina, or down the leg. Infrequently, we see an isolated burning pain and that is all. With extra sensitivity in the area.

MRI pelvis should be the most sensitive study to identify this. It is best when performed with beardown views AND correctly interpreted by your radiologist and/or surgeon.

Psoas impingement is activity related. And the area is usually not tender to touch. A good orthopedic surgeon should be able to help figure that one out. Other hip problems can also exist, such as labral tear.

You need a detailed review of the entire scope of issues and then your pain can be treated successfully. I would be happy to see you in person or you can choose to send me your information to review and help figure it out. I offer online consultations for those who cannot fly in to see me.

• Ashah2574

March 9, 2017 at 3:21 pm

Who told u it could be the psoas? If it is the psoas muscle being to tight.. the other side would be to weak and that imbalance would need to be corrected. Once it is corrected ur pain should decrease quite a bit unless it is coming from something else(hidden hernia)… just my opinion