News Feed Discussions Mesh let loose

• Mesh let loose

Posted by Nickisueld on December 25, 2015 at 4:28 am

I had a small hernia just above my naval. It never bothered me but doctor said I should have it repaired. So I did. No one told me I would not be able to bend over to put my shoes and socks on. It felt like a board in there. About 2 weeks after surgery the mesh broke loose. I told the doctor and he ask if it was giving me trouble and at the time I said no. Two years after it still feels bruised a little and if I press on it I get nauseous. Just like after I eat. I don’t know if this is from the hernia mesh or the hyatal (spell ?) Hernia I have. This one he said at the time was too small for surgery. He said they don’t like to do surgery on them until it’s absolutely necessary. R theRe any risks to having mesh in there unattached?
    Thank you so much.

drtowfigh replied 8 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • drtowfigh

December 25, 2015 at 9:40 pm

Mesh let loose

Sounds like you have a hernia recurrence.
    Hernias, whether recurrent or otherwise, should be addressed if they are causing symptoms, especially if it affects one’s daily activities. However, having the mesh loose or any other type of recurrence, is not necessarily an emergent or urgent problem, especially if there is no associated pain or other symptoms.