News Feed Discussions Mesh overlap restricting spermatic chord

• Mesh overlap restricting spermatic chord

Posted by Damien10 on June 20, 2018 at 3:30 am

Has anyone experienced such?

I am suffering minimum symptoms after months of discomfort.

Mainly a tugging feeling during ejaculation etc. Ultrasound and examination showed no recurrence.

I am really worried about my spermatic chord being restricted.

Does anyone have any information regarding this occurence?

DrBrown replied 4 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • DrBrown

July 19, 2019 at 9:45 pm

Dear Damien10.
    The mesh usually will not directly affect erections. But the pain from the mesh can certainly make intercourse more difficult. Ultrasound and MRI can certainly image the mesh, but the images usually can not determine if the mesh is source of your trouble. If physical examination and imaging do not yield a diagnosis, then consider having the mesh injected with a local anesthetic. If after the injection you feel significantly better, then that would be strong evidence the the mesh is a component of your pain.
    Regards.
    Bill Brown MD

• Damien10

July 14, 2019 at 2:42 am

Dr Brown

What sort of scans should I be looking at to ascertain how suitable the mesh is at present?

Also should I specifically ask for this injection from my GP or would it be recommended based on my symptoms? Is this the same as a cortisone injection?

• DrBrown

July 9, 2019 at 5:34 pm

Dear Damien.
    The mesh should not directly affect erectile function. But the pain from the mesh can certainly affect erections.
    Consider having the mesh injected with local anesthetic and see if you feel better.
    If you do that would be strong evidence that the mesh is the source of your trouble.
    regards.
    Bill Brown MD

• Damien10

July 7, 2019 at 4:51 am

Dr Brown

Any experience with male pelvic floor imbalance? I also seem to have problems fully emptying my bowels even with a high fibre diet etc.

I think this may be the root of all my problems as I am taking your word that it is highly improbable that the mesh caused vascular/nerve damage resulting in erectile difficulty.

• DrBrown

June 12, 2019 at 1:20 am

Dear Damien10
    I would advise you to have the spermatic cord injected with local anesthetic and steroid.
    That might free up the cord from the mesh and give you some relief.
    You can also have your testosterone levels checked.
    Regards.
    Bill Brown MD

• Damien10

May 29, 2019 at 7:16 am

Dr Brown

My main complaint is my erectile difficulty. I can ejaculate with minimal discomfort. However whenever I am close to ejaculating there’s a painful sort of pulsating feeling in the area. Also a sort of burning almost like pinching of skin.

Erection wise it is very hard to become erect and stay erect without any stimulation. This wasn’t a problem before my injury. I think I got it from over extending my back during deadlifts. I remember my lower stomach area feeling sore for a couple months. The ultrasound showed an intact hernia mesh but a swollen groin lymph node.

I don’t know if I somehow causes the mesh to come lose and its edges to damage nearby tissues and blood vessels necessary for erectile function etc. Or maybe the mesh curled up around blood vessels?

What are the possibilities of such occuring. I’ve read about people having multiple surgeries and not having this sort of difficulty so it baffles me that one mishap in the gym could cause this much damage. At the time it did feel like a reoccurence.

I had an open inguinal surgery over 10 years ago.

• DrBrown

May 27, 2019 at 5:32 pm

Dear Damien10.
    If you had a mesh repair, then your cord is probably scarred to the mesh. Your surgeon can inject the mesh and the cord with steroids. That might help.
    Regards
    Bill Brown MD

• Victim73

May 22, 2019 at 2:21 pm
    quote Damien10:

Has anyone experienced such?

I am suffering minimum symptoms after months of discomfort.

Mainly a tugging feeling during ejaculation etc. Ultrasound and examination showed no recurrence.

I am really worried about my spermatic chord being restricted.

Does anyone have any information regarding this occurence?

It is dsyejaculation…. Due to entrapment of Vas deference by mesh….