News Feed Discussions Mild Pain after 10 months of Inguinal Hernia Repair

• Mild Pain after 10 months of Inguinal Hernia Repair

Posted by Sdahe on August 5, 2019 at 8:09 pm

Hello,

I had a laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Repair on sept 2018 and a few months back everything was feeling ok.. Not pain free but it was ok. Since Im taking care of my mother I had to move her from her wheel chair to her bed and did some force. Felt a bit like when you get a muscle strain where I got my hernia repair. Now Im getting mild pain in that section but Im also having pain in my lower right back. The pain in my lower right back feels like the sciatic nerve and when I massage that area it feels better. Some times the pain goes all the way down to my right leg. My concern is… after 10 months of my hernia repair.. is it posible I could damage the mesh or something that would rip it off where it was placed?.. or is it more possible I just got my back hurt and the pain feels like I hurt my hernia repair?.. I called my doctor and I got an appointment in 2 weeks but I want to know if I should be concern about my hernia.

DrBrown replied 4 years, 8 months ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • DrBrown

August 8, 2019 at 7:56 pm

[USER=”2628″]Sdahe[/USER]
    Most likely you just have a strain. I agree with seeing your surgeon and then make decisions based on more information.
    Regards
    Bill Brown MD

• tenreasy

August 6, 2019 at 1:50 pm

Be patient. One of the doctor’s usually chimes in…

• columb.if

August 6, 2019 at 10:40 am

peter13 – Why do you think so?

• peter13

August 5, 2019 at 11:29 pm

this forum is over