News Feed Discussions Not feeling well 2 months after hernia surgery.

• Not feeling well 2 months after hernia surgery.

Posted by seeker on December 25, 2016 at 7:37 pm

Hi all. I am not feeling so well 2 months after surgery. I seem to have stomach digestive problems which I never had prior to surgery. I get really bad reflux. And my stomach gurgles all of the time. My heart seems to feel funny since surgery also. Something I never experienced my whole life. I’m thinking maybe it’s from the anesthesia used during the surgery.

As i had mesh for my surgery, I often wonder if that is the cause. My mouth always has this yucky feeling in it from the reflux. And I gave this horrible sensation of something sitting in the middle of my stomach – even if I have not eaten anything much recently. If anything , I am underweight – 110 lbs and 5’7″. Any one else experience these issues after hernia surgery? I know that doctors have recommended lap surgery for less pain, but honestly, I would definitely recommend open surgery. I’ve had open surgery – and healed wonderfully from it within weeks. I think the three places where the doctor made incisions on my stomach have left deep scars within that are causing me more ongoing discomfort then open surgery would have.

Any one else’s opinions on this?

dand replied 7 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • drtowfigh

January 4, 2017 at 10:13 pm

Not feeling well 2 months after hernia surgery.

Seeker,

Have you seen your primary care or gastroenterology physician? I would seek other reasons for your symptoms. They are not typical of hernia surgery, even laparoscopic.

• dand

December 26, 2016 at 5:49 pm

Not feeling well 2 months after hernia surgery.

Have you made your surgeon aware of your post op condition… what did he say? What kind of hernia… inguinal?