News Feed Discussions One hernia repair with mesh, one repair without (my experience)

• One hernia repair with mesh, one repair without (my experience)

Posted by JamesDoncaster on April 28, 2020 at 12:40 pm

You can download a PDF of my experience here.

I probably will not comment further on my experience or reply to messages sent to me. The reason is that, for my mental health, I think it is best for me to not focus on my hernia.

One question that may come up is who my surgeons were. The surgeon that did my non-mesh repair was Dr. Brown. I recommend him very highly.

Thunder Rose replied 3 years, 8 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Alephy

April 29, 2020 at 9:52 pm

Thanks for sharing! What was the mesh-less procedure you had on the left? Shouldice? (you may have posted it alreasy but the new forum is difficult to navigate)

ps: I can relate to the depression part, it is difficult (I keep blaming myself for the hernia as it keeps nagging me that I could have avoided it with more care)

• JLEE

April 29, 2020 at 5:46 pm

Just saw the updated link.

Thank you for sharing.

• JLEE

April 29, 2020 at 5:41 pm

There is no PDF attached to this link.

I am really interested in your story…

• mitchtom6

April 28, 2020 at 7:10 pm

Deeoeraclea, thank you for sharing your experience. Best of luck with your ongoing recoveries. wishing you the best.

• JamesDoncaster

April 28, 2020 at 2:25 pm
  • Thunder Rose

August 14, 2020 at 9:57 pm

@deeoeraclea I also would like to know which procedure you had with Dr. Brown. Was it a Shouldice/Bassini for direct inguinal or a Marcy with ring plasty for an indirect inguinal? I am nervous about the longer recovery time for the direct inguinal repair.