News Feed Discussions Open mesh removal and non mesh hernia repair-dr. Remus Repta

• Open mesh removal and non mesh hernia repair-dr. Remus Repta

Posted by Jnomesh on December 22, 2018 at 2:53 pm

Hi all. A member in one of the Facebook mesh forums recently had his Covidian progrip hernia mesh removed by Dr. Repta in Scottsdale Arizona. The mesh was implanted openly and removed the same way. As I understand it from what I have heard from other people and surgeons is that this is a very difficult mesh to be removed. As I also indersrsnd from the guy who had it removed is that no nerves had to be cut which I find quite remarkable since it was a open removal.
    As I also understand it 100% of the mesh was removed and the hernia site was repaired using a pure tissue method (no mesh).
    The Gentleman is a couple of months out from removal and doing very well.
    For those of us who have had mesh removed know that this can sometimes be a long process and how someone feels can seaswaw as time goes by but so far he is doing very well.
    The interesting thing is that this gentleman went off the typical road to removal in that he ended up seeking a plastic surgeon to do his removal.
    i do believe he consulted with some of the more well known removal surgeons but settled on dr. Repta because of his specialty with reconstruction of abdominal area.
    so there may be plastic surgeons out there who are up to the task of mesh removal and non mesh repairs.
    you can view a edited version of his removal surgery on YouTube. I believe if you type in dr. Remus Repta no mesh double inguinal hernia repair it will come up.
    So this may be another Surgeon for people who have had open implanted mesh and have come to the pint in their journey where they are looking into removal.
    i am not sure if he takes insurance or not.

dog replied 5 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • dog

January 7, 2019 at 8:13 pm

Chaunce1234 Thank You! I just wish he would take insurance

• Chaunce1234

January 7, 2019 at 7:35 pm

Thanks for that information [USER=”2608″]dog[/USER] though it sounds like a somewhat generic email response, as it is glossing over information that is potentially relevant to both surgeons and patients (ie; number of inguinal hernia surgeries performed, methods of repair, outcomes, etc).

Perhaps someone will be able to speak directly with Dr Repta to get information specifically about his hernia approach and experiences with inguinal hernia repairs.

• dog

January 7, 2019 at 7:16 pm

Hernia repair is something we are extremely well known for and do on a weekly basis, unfortunately because Dr. Repta is also a reconstructive surgeon with privileges at all the major hospitals it’s almost impossible to keep track of the # of performed surgeries, but I can assure you he is extremely knowledgeable.

To answer your question about the method in which Dr. Repta uses; he does know all methods, however, we would need to set up a consult to see what your specific case needs, but we do in fact offer a 100% mesh free surgery.

To date we do not have any patients that needed a second surgery, and have great testimonials for our hernia repairs on our social media as well as our Realself, that we recommend looking at.

The cost of an inguinal hernia could run $8,000-$14,000- That’s the best range I can give without a consult.

• Chaunce1234

January 7, 2019 at 6:32 pm

Thanks for adding the information regarding Dr Repta in Arizona, it’s increasingly rare in the USA to find surgeons who are able and willing to perform non-mesh hernia repair. Being a plastic surgeon it looks like he primarily focuses on umbilical hernia repairs, but he has a few inguinal repair videos and mesh removals on YouTube as well.

Has anyone spoken with Dr Repta to know what type of non-mesh hernia repairs he performs? Or any additional information on his experience with the non-mesh hernia repair procedures?

• dog

December 23, 2018 at 6:46 am

HI Jnomeash..what is the address for Facebook online forum ?

• dog

December 23, 2018 at 6:10 am

Very interesting ! One more time ..Hernia surgery isn’t rocket science ..but require meticulous accuracy…see how elegantly he is working with tissues and cutting laser..less pulling…no use bloody cloth to stop bleeding…can be source of infection ..i see high class of performer
    Look he had to remove mesh first…but think how easy for him would be just do fresh no mesh hernia repair from the start…probably with close eyes…