News Feed Discussions Pain Diary

• drtowfigh

April 6, 2016 at 3:46 pm

Pain Diary

I’m happy you have found this site as a means of expressing yourself. There are many patients who can relate. I hope this process is helping you as well as others.

I also urge that you seek support with Chronic Pain support groups that are available both in communities and online. And I hope you have a compassionate primary physician who can help guide you through this process.

• jgens99218

April 6, 2016 at 2:43 pm

Pain Diary

21Tom

Sorry you have to suffer like this.

Not that you have not tried this already but apply ice on the burning area it should help temporarily and does not cost anything and wont harm you. Also I have had really good luck with Aspercreme with Lidocaine, which essentially is straight Lidocaine (numbing agent). try to keep as positive as possible as your mental state will influence how you perceive the pain.

Time will help you it is just long and difficult. Keep busy, Hang in there. You are not alone.

JG

• Unknown Member

Deleted User
    April 5, 2016 at 5:09 am

Pain Diary

Monday, April 4

I missed my diary entry yesterday. I fell asleep while in the process of writing. Yesterday was bearable, but today was pure agony from start to finish. Didn’t get much work done and was unable to make it to the gym. Aggravating things is stress from the fact that I have a new boss who has zeroed in on my decreased production. My new boss is unsympathetic to the pain I am in and appears ready to replace me. I think that would be the final nail in my coffin.

How the hell did this happen to me? How I wish I could go back in time and not allow that urologist to do this to me. I had a life and it’s been taken away.

I feel I may be close to ending things. I want so desperately to live, but I can’t live in brutal agony. Can’t go much further. Struggling to find the strength to fight further.

Good night, diary.

• drtowfigh

April 5, 2016 at 4:32 am

Pain Diary

Not sure if it will help, but may want to consider investing in a TENS unit and play around with it.

• Unknown Member

Deleted User
    April 3, 2016 at 8:29 am

Pain Diary

Saturday, April 2

Today was one of the milder days as far as pain. Woke up at 9:30am and went to have my blood test to check my T levels. Afterwards, went to my office for a bit and managed to get some work done. Went to the gym around 12:30pm and managed to have a decent arm workout. The scrotal burning began about 20 minutes into my workout, but I pushed through it. By the end of the day, my headache had returned and the scrotal burning had returned. I took another 10 mg of percocet, and this eliminated the burning within about 20 minutes.

One thing that gives me hope: When I wake up in the morning, I usually feel pain-free. But within a half hour or so of getting up, the pain starts. This tells me that there must be something wrong with one of the nerves that is firing off with activity. But which nerve? Can it be fixed? I am trying to hold out hope that it can be.

It’s 1:30 am. Took another 10 mg of percocet about a half hour ago. Eyes are getting heavy.

Goodnight, diary.

• Unknown Member

Deleted User
    April 2, 2016 at 7:44 am

Pain Diary

Fri, April 1

Woke up at 10:00 am today. Today was another off-day from work. Had an 11:00 am appointment with an endocrinologist, which I scheduled because of the orchiectomy I underwent. The burning sensation in my scrotal area started within about 10 minutes of waking up, and was with me during the whole 30-minute car ride to the endocrinologist. The endocrinologist said that she wants to test my levels to see if I may need testosterone. I go in for that test tomorrow morning.

Managed to go to the gym around 1:00pm again. The scrotal pain was not as intense during my gym visit today, so I managed to get a decent back workout. I tried doing some jogging on the treadmill after lifting weights, but this caused the scrotal burning to intensify, so I only managed about 4 minutes before having to stop. I miss the days prior to my surgical injury when I would do 45 minutes easily.

Went to my office at work for a bit after the gym. Tried to get some things done, but as sitting causes the pain in my scrotum to worsen, I couldn’t really concentrate.

Leaving the office, I started to get an intense headache and hot feeling in my head. I get quite often ever since the surgery. Why do I get this? I can’t figure out why a headache would be connected to nerve damage in the groin.

Went to eat at an italian restaurant with my dad around 6:30. I took 10 mg of percocet prior to going to dinner with him so that I could relax and be without pain. The headache was present but the scrotal pain wasn’t bad.
    We had a nice meal and conversation. I feel so bad for him. He wants so badly for me to get better, but feels helpless.
    He doesn’t deserve to see me like this. He lost his wife of 44 years back in 2012, and now has had to watch me deteriorate physically and emotionally since I sustained this surgical injury. It’s not fair.

It’s 12:40 am right now. I hate being in this prison of pain. I try to have hope that one day I’ll have a surgery that can fix this. But that day seems so far away. Going to try to sleep now.

Goodnight diary.

Page 3 of 3