News Feed Discussions Pain in LLQ started about 2 months ago

• Pain in LLQ started about 2 months ago

Posted by lakegreen on September 12, 2015 at 11:14 pm

Hello All,

I recently found this forum via looking up information about Dr. Towfigh. I am a 63 yo woman in Dallas area and thank you Dr. Towfigh et al for taking interest in womens well being..

Some 30 years ago I had a child by C-Section. Throughout the years. I have felt a slight tug on the left side around the area of the external scar. Additionally, I had IBS which was usually resolved relatively quickly by upping my fiber intake. Over the past 4 months my daughter and I started working out doing weight bearing and aerobic exercises (I must mention that I had let myself go and am some 50 lbs overweight) Being the competitor that I am I over did and ended up with plantar fasciitis in the right foot (another story) I only mention the exercising bc my belly hangs over the c-section scar and may have possibly weakened or strained that area and I quit those exercises. A couple of months ago my daughter took me on a trip to the Caribbean and we did all the usually things like swimming, boating and snorkeling. The last day we went snorkeling and I dove down to try to pick up a shell on the bottom. It took some serious ab effort and the following day I noticed a twinge in the llq. I thought it might have been my IBS so I upped my fiber. But it didn’t go away. I also might add that I take care of my 2 yo granddaughter who I pick up and down a lot.

There is specific of tenderness located about 2/3 of the way from hip bone towards the midline mas o minos. I have no other real symptoms. It is relieved sometimes by a bm. Hurts when I sneeze but not when I cough. It also feels like there is a tug in left groin and also left labia. It is a like a tugging or throbbing sensation and it feels like it makes my hip bone area and sometimes my leg hurts or feels like it is being tugged. I do yoga so when I sit in cross leg position and put my right arm up and over in and stretch to the left it exacerbates that area as well as after doing most my yoga classes. It always takes a couple of hours to be less painful after I do yoga. I also have been wearing a weight belt to support the lower ab area which helps.

I have been to the obgyn, did a sonogram which I have not gotten the results from however when the tech did the trans vag on the left I felt the twinge from the underside of the pain.

I don’t believe there is anything major from a obgyn stand point. Would appreciate suggestions on the direction to take after that if everything is copacetic although not excruciating like some of the women, it is certainly uncomfortable often.

Thank you

lakegreen replied 8 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • drtowfigh

October 4, 2015 at 3:29 pm

Pain in LLQ started about 2 months ago

Great. Looking forward to hearing about the results.

• lakegreen

September 17, 2015 at 10:30 pm

Thank you Dr. Towfigh,

Everything was copacetic with the OBGYN. I will more forward with the dynamic hernia US you suggested. I truly appreciate your addressing women and men on this forum. I will post after next text.

Thank you again.

• drtowfigh

September 14, 2015 at 4:59 am

Thanks for posting!
    Definitely sounds like this could be a groin hernia, especially based on location description and types of symptoms.

Read the earlier post on Chronic Lower Left Quadrant Pain http://herniatalk.com/hernia-discussion/1078-chronic-lower-left-quadrant-pain.html

Have your general physician order s dynamic hernia ultrasound of both groins. That’s the first start.