News Feed Discussions Painful hernia

• Painful hernia

Posted by vrsellpa on September 15, 2016 at 12:59 am

I was diagnosed with three small hernias along my lower stomach. With no lifting restrictions. I am overweight and they want me to lose weight before they can repair them. It has been about 2 years since I was diagnosed and I have noticed after bending over and reaching like cleaning the tub or at work on backstock at a store bending over things I get some pain and a small upset stomach. Well, today while cleaning the tub I got a overwhelming pain and upset stomach that took a long time to go away. It finally is gone but now I am wondering if I should follow up with my doctor asap. What are your thoughts?

drtowfigh replied 7 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • vrsellpa

September 24, 2016 at 8:21 pm

Painful hernia

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply and giving me that info. I have noticed that i am having more of that pain lately since I have recently gained a few more pounds. I really have to get some of this weight off now….

• drtowfigh

September 24, 2016 at 4:14 pm

Painful hernia

Pain with hernias is an indication for repair, though it’s not an emergency.

Weight loss is not only good for the hernia repair, but also will reduce your hernia pain.