News Feed Discussions Periumbilical Trocar Site Incisional Hernia after lap.cholecystectomy (photo)

• Periumbilical Trocar Site Incisional Hernia after lap.cholecystectomy (photo)

Posted by peter13 on August 5, 2019 at 5:49 pm

have this hernia diagnosed. It doesn’t cause me pain at all 0% pain, but it looks ugly when I have sex.

If I have this surgery, will the lump go? Is there a risk that appears again or that it hurts?

I just want to do it for aesthetics, they also left me a hole in my belly button,

im fit but this hernia and hole look ugly. how do I fix it? why me?why god hates me?

patient replied 4 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • patient

August 6, 2019 at 3:08 pm

[USER=”2854″]localCivilian[/USER] thanks for clarifying! I was talking about Inguinal Hernia.

• localCivilian

August 5, 2019 at 7:29 pm

[USER=”2826″]patient[/USER] Keep in mind that chronic pain is mostly reported when mesh is implanted for an inguinal hernia, which he doesn’t have. Lots of nerves are located in the inguinal area that aren’t around for a ventral hernia. Mesh seems to be pretty essential for ventral hernias (unless you’re a female who plans to get pregnant) since recurrence rates seem to be much higher for ventral hernias, especially for an incisional hernia. Obviously, good results happen when done by someone who does hernia operations daily and is updated with the latest techniques for a ventral hernia repair.

• patient

August 5, 2019 at 7:21 pm

I am not an expert or a doctor but I want to give my opinion, if you leave it like that probably it will get bigger and for repair it seems there are 2 options:

1 Pure tissue repair, only few doctors do it, you will need to find an expert.
    Pros: no chronic pain
    Cons: high risk of recurrence

2 Mesh: Most of the doctors will accept to put a mesh on you, (it seems they get gifts and money from mesh manufacturers)
    A Open
    Pros: less risk of recurrence, easy to remove the mesh.
    Cons: It seems some people have chronic pain

B Laparoscopic
    Pros: less risk of recurrence
    Cons: It seems some people have chronic pain, difficulties removing the mesh

Good luck