News Feed Discussions Possible inguinal hernia after Hysterectomy

• Possible inguinal hernia after Hysterectomy

Posted by Skillswife on December 27, 2017 at 4:49 pm

I had a hysterectomy and endometriosis excision on Sept. 5th. At 6 weeks post op I started having right groin pain. Just above the crease in the leg that radiates into my thigh and next to my labia. My gyn did a CT scan and nothing was found. I was told to watch and wait. I am almost 4 months post op and still have pain daily. My general doc thought she could just feel a small lump, and felt my symptoms indicated an inguinal hernia. I was sent for an u/s which didn’t show anything. Next step she says is to see a surgeon for exploratory surgery. My symptoms include groin pain which is worse when walking, sitting for a long time, pain after a bowel movement, pain during coughing or lifting. It feels like I am squishing a marble in the crack of my leg when sitting or walking. My Endo surgeon does not feel it was surgery or Endo related except the fact that I could be more susceptible to hernias. I am overweight so it’s harder to feel for lumps. I am scared that if I see a surgeon they won’t find anything. The doctor doesn’t feel like it is hip problems, so I don’t know what else it could be. I can’t exercise because it’s painful. Just walking on the treadmill makes it worse. I went hiking yesterday and the pain is crazy now. I guess I am just frustrated no scans will show anything. I spent years before I was taken seriously and diagnosed with Endometriosis, so I am scared I am going to have a similar battle ahead with a hernia.

TooMuchPain replied 6 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • TooMuchPain

January 2, 2018 at 10:44 pm

Did you have a mesh put in after the hysterectomy?
    i had an inguinal hernia and it didn’t bother me at all until after I had mesh placed.