News Feed Discussions Possible Inguinal Hernia- ovulation?

• Possible Inguinal Hernia- ovulation?

Posted by yogamama on October 22, 2019 at 2:41 pm

Hi-
    Looking for some guidance. I am a 32 year old woman with a 19 month old toddler. When I got my period back about 4 months ago I noticed a sharp pain on my lower right pelvic area whenever I sneezed. This was accompanied by a bulge about the size of a marble. It would go away after about 3 days. It has happened my past 3 cycles.

About a month ago I went to my gynecologist because I thought it was an ovarian cyst but she said my ovaries looked perfect and there was a slight but unlikely chance it was a hernia.

I went to a bodyworker who gave me a belly massage. This last cycle my symptoms still presented but with significantly less pain. She said my psoas was in spasm because my abdominals were so weak it was making my psoas go into overdrive. She recommended Pilates.

Last night the spot was bulging and painful when I sneezed. I pushed on it a little and the pain went away as did the bugle. It seems like the right spot for an inguinal hernia. If this comes and goes with ovulation, is there a way I can manage or cure this naturally? Can I only get a diagnosis when it is bulging? Am I able to continue working out to strengthen my core?

Thank you for your time!

DrBrown replied 4 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • DrBrown

October 24, 2019 at 8:48 pm

[USER=”3029″]yogamama[/USER]
    Ask for a standing ultrasound with valsalva. That is the best test to evaluate for a femoral or an inguinal hernia.
    Regards.
    Bill Brown MD

• Dill

October 23, 2019 at 1:32 am

I too thought I had an ovarian cyst when my hernia was first discovered. I noticed it only sometimes and I’m not sure if that coincided with ovulation but eventually my GP had me cough and said, “oh it’s a very small hernia.” I was relieved actually because a lump on ovaries not always good news. I waited over 10 years to get mine fixed because for a long time it stayed very small and occasionally. In the last three years it started to grow and there was no mistaking it.