News Feed Discussions Potential femoral hernia?

• Potential femoral hernia?

Posted by gtmuimui on January 10, 2020 at 2:03 am

Hi folks,
    I wanted to see if I can get some insight onto whether I might have a femoral hernia on my left thigh/groin area.
    I was sitting down Monday and all of a sudden I felt this intense but dull pain that lasted a good 1 min. Then this soreness/pain persisted for a while and get worse when I walk (but not walking up the stairs) and with some other motions. I thought this could be related to my pelvic/ovarian cysts and I went to see my obgyn a few days later and the transvaginal ultrasound didn’t see any thing on the left. I took some pain killers on the first couple of days but it didn’t really help. And the pain is less but still there now when I walk.
    I don’t really see or a feel a bulge but when I bend forward while sitting down and pressing on the thigh area, I can feel the soreness/pain. I am a 30yo female with a number of abdominal sugeries before and I don’t know if that can contribute to me being more prone to hernias. I don’t do much heavy lifting on a daily basis.

​​​​​Thanks a lot! And if I want to get diagnosis, what kind of imaging would you recommend?

​​​

drtowfigh replied 4 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • drtowfigh

February 3, 2020 at 5:24 am

Yes. Contact my office to initiate an Online Consultation. [email protected]

• gtmuimui

January 27, 2020 at 1:06 pm

thanks Dr. Towfigh, I am still having consistent thigh/groin pain on the left side, and all of my gyn/gastro said that it’s not gyn or a gastro issue. I have had a groin ultrasound and a pelvic MRI done, but supposedly no evidence of hernia (from the ultrasound at least). I live in northern california, otherwise, I would come and see you for sure. Is it possible that I send you my images/scan to get a second opinion? Thanks!

• drtowfigh

January 10, 2020 at 8:32 am

All hernias are at or above the groin crease. The pain may radiate down the thigh but there should be no bulging or hernia at the thigh.