News Feed Discussions Quality Hernia support Not Surgery

• Quality Hernia support Not Surgery

Posted by TonyGuitar on April 24, 2017 at 2:15 am

Asking for your insight and advice about a REALLY good hernia support. So far I have not found a GOOD one. Tony.

Design Opportunity

Design a groin hernia truss that works.

Help thousands who suffer worldwide. Make a nice Profit.

Would you believe that there seems no proper working groin hernia truss support has been designed yet.

Medical people seem resigned that the truss is not an effective way to help the person with a hernia. From what I read in current forums on the internet.

Web searches offer up those who promote supports made of stretchy latex type belts that are supposed work sort of girdle like.

These are totally useless and cause harm by allowing the hernia to pop out over and over making it larger and and thus a more serious issue. These belts should be taken off the market. I know because I now have that larger hernia.

Now the problem becomes life threatening. When the hernia is out it can swell with food digestion and become strangulated.

At this stage we have a choice of surgical mending or wearing an effective support that keeps the hernia in place all day long.

There are many valid reasons for those of us who choose to wear a good support over having surgery.

The belt design must start from something like a sports weight belt that is comfortable but solid and not prone to roll-over like the useless latex type belts referred to above. Two nylon straps attached to the back of the belt come down across the buttocks and meet like a V under the groin.

Those two straps continue up the front right side groin spread out on either side of the hernia. The waist belt has to be solid so that it will not roll over or downward when tension on the two straps is tight.

Between the two straps and over the hernia is a solid material with a channel to keep the straps in the outer edges. My home made support uses heavy cardboard but better materials exist for the designer to specify.

My home made hernia support works fairly well 70% of the time. A well designed support should keep things in place 100% of the time.

The supports I have wasted money on were all poorly designed by people who had no personal experience with a hernia and how it persists in trying to pop outward.

A well designed hernia support would give comfort to thousands of people worldwide who are not able to risk surgical repair or who are waiting in years long surgery ques.

Please design the quality groin hernia support. Make a nice profit and send me a copy for testing. It would offer much peace of mind. I am worried that my hernia will become locked on the outside again. That means great pain and another emergency trip to the hospital and a waste of taxpayer money.

Remember, there are thousands like me who must keep pushing in their hernia several times a day and are very worried about it becoming a very serious emergency. Anthony Robinson 250-898-3070

drtowfigh replied 6 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • drtowfigh

May 27, 2017 at 10:35 pm

Can’t agree more. Been designing some stuff myself. For the groin, there has been no advancement in design it seems for a century.

Would love to see a picture of your prototype.