News Feed Discussions Question about numbness — inner thigh, bottom of foot

• Question about numbness — inner thigh, bottom of foot

Posted by Casimir on January 7, 2020 at 9:09 pm

Hello

Is there any understood correlation to an (in my case indirect) inguinal hernia / and regional nerve issues that can be related to that, and numbness sensation traveling down the inner thigh, down to inner (medial?) side of kneecap, and all the way to the sole of the foot? When mine acts up, it creates these issues. If I lightly press near where the nerve (I think) would exit the canal for instance, it can be very tender (and was before any surgery, & was the only tender area I knew of), and when it gets irritated now, those other symptoms almost always occur literally a split second later.

I’m wondering if some other tissue is somehow getting into a spasm, creating this, or if this is more directly related to the canal nerve connections.

And, would a neurectomy of that nerve mean numbness in all those other areas as well?

I am hoping one of the Dr’s here would be able to shed some light on this. Thank you.

drtowfigh replied 4 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • drtowfigh

January 7, 2020 at 11:17 pm

nerve pain below the level of the knee is usually a spine/nerve issue and not from the groin.

the ilioinguinal and genital branch nerves have overlapping areas that innervate.

yes, neurectomy implies numbness in the areas where the nerve causes pain.