News Feed Discussions Recovery What to expect?

• Recovery What to expect?

Posted by dog on January 28, 2019 at 9:15 am

Need help:} I am trying to plan surgery can anyone share …. what is the recovery looks like after simple inguinal hernia surgery no mesh ? Personal experience please ? Dr. drtowfigh you have done so many of them could you please let me know about about realistic expectations .

dog replied 5 years, 3 months ago 6 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • dog

January 30, 2019 at 7:02 am

Dr Brown…He does 100 % No mesh..and use all methods..After that go Home or stay in hotel ? and check with doctor before flying home or in Fl …This my dilemma ? :}

• dog

January 30, 2019 at 6:59 am

Dear Dr Towigh thank you ! Your website has so much Great INFO http://www.BeverlyHillsHerniaCenter.com !!!
    Dear Ezzy Thank You! I took the only one way ticket :} …Dear Chaunce 1234 ..i was thinking in 4 days jump to airline to Florida from California .I have simple small inguinal hernia that doesn’t even affect me most the time. Unfortunately that experimental laser treatment only available in Florida. ..My plan B will go Florida Dr. Jonathan Yunis his office 15 min from my ears clinic ..in one place ..Well he doesn’t take my insurance ..regarding No mesh surgery.. he just do Canadian method but does it well! :}

• drtowfigh

January 30, 2019 at 4:20 am

Check out the sticky on the home page for details. Lots of personal experiences posted on this forum. You can use the Search option.

• Chaunce1234

January 29, 2019 at 10:09 pm

What was the opinion of the surgeon? Is 2 days after repair enough time to jump on a plane?

I think you might want to allocate more time for hernia repair recovery. Another thread discussed a 4 week recovery time before the patient was able to drive comfortably.

Perhaps there’s a clinic in the Bay Area that performs the tinnitus treatment?

• Ezzy

January 29, 2019 at 12:18 am
    quote dog:

Hi dear Mo, Ezzy and Jeremy and all my friends ..Well i was thinking to do a surgery with dr,Brown on wednesday ..check with him on friday and fly to florida 5 hours fly time ..to do laser treatment for my ears ringing ..other problem. :{.. I will need stay they 10 days. Go to doctor 2 times per day for 30 min treatment…http://functionalcranialrelease.com/inner-ear-treatments-laser-therapy/ like this So not sure if it is realistic for me to do.?

I had Desarda surgery on a Friday, and I was able to take an 8 hour car ride the following Monday — but I wasn’t driving, and I was able to keep an ice pack going on my groin most of the time. The first week I was not in shape to do anything but sleep, watch movies and do an occasional, very slow walk around the house. I am not saying you can’t pull it off, but knowing what I went through, there is NO way I could do your schedule. It would have been much too uncomfortable.

• dog

January 28, 2019 at 10:07 pm

Hi dear Mo, Ezzy and Jeremy and all my friends ..Well i was thinking to do a surgery with dr,Brown on wednesday ..check with him on friday and fly to florida 5 hours fly time ..to do laser treatment for my ears ringing ..other problem. :{.. I will need stay they 10 days. Go to doctor 2 times per day for 30 min treatment…http://functionalcranialrelease.com/inner-ear-treatments-laser-therapy/

like this So not sure if it is realistic for me to do.?

• MO

January 28, 2019 at 9:04 pm

Will you need to ride hours in a car or plane post-op?

• Jeremy B

January 28, 2019 at 7:51 pm

Dog, I just added to my post after Shouldice. Im doing alot better.

• Ezzy

January 28, 2019 at 2:42 pm

There is sticky topic on this form “Post-Op Recovery:What to Expect”.

• Ezzy

January 28, 2019 at 12:09 pm

There is sticky topic on this form “Post-Op Recovery:What to Expect”.

https://www.herniatalk.com/412-post-op-recovery-what-to-expect