News Feed Discussions Recurrent Hernia – Surgeon Recommendation in Canada

• Recurrent Hernia – Surgeon Recommendation in Canada

Posted by Soumil on April 2, 2021 at 4:29 pm

Hi Everyone,

I’m 22 years old Male in Toronto, Canada. I had a Left Inguinal Hernia surgery repaired by mesh 3 weeks ago. However, it looks like either he missed my hernia/didn’t operate properly and my hernia is back (the same bulge I had before in the scrotum above the testes is still there after the surgery). Does anyone know any good surgeons in Toronto to treat recurrent inguinal hernia surgery ?

Shouldice is not an option for me as they are pricey for the stay and I don’t have issues with the mesh. It seems my surgeon either missed my hernia or didn’t operate on it properly.

Soumil replied 3 years ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Soumil

April 3, 2021 at 7:25 am

Thank you Doctor. Is it possible that the surgeon missed the hernia completely ? The only reason I ask is that the symptoms I show now (the bulge in exact same spot) looks exactly the same as the previous hernia I had.

• drtowfigh

April 2, 2021 at 10:33 pm

Most likely this is a fluid collection from the surgery, seroma or hematoma, and not a hernia recurrence. A simple ultrasound can diagnose this. It is extremely rare to have such an early recurrence.