News Feed Discussions Repeated hernia surgery

• Repeated hernia surgery

Posted by mindo917@ on September 19, 2016 at 8:14 pm

Hi. I have had 5 hernia repairs in the last 2 yrs. none of which are have been re herniated, each a new one in a new spot all have been on my right side. They either stem from pregnancy or c-section both of my son, possibly a nerve was damaged. Something had cause muscle atrophy. Nothing was actually connected to my pelvis. The last two operations have been abdominal reconstructive surgerys meshing me from pelvis to Brest bone and hip to hip. My last operation was July 6th. About a month ago I started have intense pain in almost the same spot as my most recent hernia. I saw my Sergon he suggested CT scan he felt something but unsure wanted the scan. Well scan came back with no present hernia. I haven’t actually seen him nor has he seen the image, he just got the repot. He’s out of the office thill next Thursday. I need some answers. lol. Well I’m at a loss as to why I’m in soooo much pain. It’s almost worse than the hernia pain I felt before. I’m completely at a loss as to what’s going on. Any thoughts? It was mentioned maybe I have a conective tissue disorder.

mindo917@ replied 7 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • drtowfigh

October 1, 2016 at 5:01 pm

Repeated hernia surgery

It’s not possible during c section to snip a nerve that causes muscle atrophy

• mindo917@

September 24, 2016 at 11:16 pm

Repeated hernia surgery

So I went to my general Dr she was pretty confident I have another hernia. The pain is a sharpe stabbing pain Es pecially when I sneeze or cough. But walking hurst sitting hurts. I am going to get 2 more options next week. Then start talking about what is actually causing them to keep popping up.
    I am pretty sure it was the c-section and the Dr sniped a nerve causing muscle atrophy. Do I have a law suit on my hands?

• drtowfigh

September 24, 2016 at 4:06 pm

Repeated hernia surgery

Certainly having multiple different hernias in different places may suggest a genetic disposition and in rare cases a connective tissue disorder.

It seems however hat your hernias are all related to your groin and/or c-section.

Pain from hernia repair may be due to recurrence of due to the repair itself. It may be a nerve impingement, too tight of a repair, tearing of the repair, and so on. It all has to do with where the pain is and what activities make it worse.