News Feed Discussions Rolling abdomen

• Rolling abdomen

Posted by Unknown Member on May 28, 2018 at 3:05 am

I do have a HH confirmed by my GI but am wondering if I may have a hidden hernia. Have had excruciating left abdominal pain on and off for years, worsening with age. GYN thinks it’s GI. GI thinks it’s constipation. Twisting to the left or bending at the waist or sitting up sets it off and most recently, bearing down. A couple of times I felt and saw a rippling movement in my abdomen. Has anyone experienced this? Thank you!

Chaunce1234 replied 6 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Chaunce1234

May 29, 2018 at 11:25 pm
    quote 65 and counting:

A couple of times I felt and saw a rippling movement in my abdomen. Has anyone experienced this?

Could you be describing peristalsis? Which is basically the GI system moving things through the GI tract? Just a thought, I am not a doctor.

An inguinal / femoral hernia can usually be seen or diagnosed with an ultrasound of the impacted groin region with a valsava bearing down, if you are concerned about a “hidden hernia” that may be a good way to diagnose it. I wonder if someone is going to fix your hiatal hernia anyway, perhaps they could take a look further down with a camera and see if you have a groin hernia as well? I am not sure if it would work that way, but just another thought.

Take care and keep us updated on your case.