News Feed Discussions Scar Tissue Healing

• Scar Tissue Healing

Posted by WasInTN on January 13, 2015 at 1:05 pm

Dr Towfigh
    I was under knife for hernia in july 14, and everything is fine. No pain and I am back to normal. Only concern is that the scar tissue around the cut still feels a bit hard. Not as hard as it was immediately after surgery but it is hard. When I walk – which I was told to do whenever possible – or exercise there is itching and it also itches many times during activities but the harness has not gone yet. I press it and there is no pain too.

Is this a concern? Will this remain with me in my life or am I healing slow and it will eventually disappear? In general what are the complications, if any, of this scar tissue?

WasInTN replied 9 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • bob P

January 14, 2015 at 11:01 pm

Scar Tissue Healing

It is available as Chymoral Forte in India.Serratiopeptidase is also combined with some analgesics to reduce PO In duration and oedema.May be Dr.Towfigh can tell you about US commercial name for this molecule.

• WasInTN

January 14, 2015 at 6:15 pm

Scar Tissue Healing

quote :

One can try Serratiopeptidase in such situations in oral formulation.

Sir what do you call this in layman language? 🙂

• bob P

January 14, 2015 at 2:58 pm

Scar Tissue Healing

One can try Serratiopeptidase in such situations in oral formulation.

• WasInTN

January 14, 2015 at 1:26 pm

Scar Tissue Healing

Dr Towfigh
    Many thanks for the quick reply. Can you give some names of these Over the Counter balms? I sometimes try the Hydrocortisone but it is not much helpful.

• drtowfigh

January 13, 2015 at 6:04 pm

Scar Tissue Healing

Scar tissue takes about a year to maximally reform itself to a more normal structure. Some advocate massaging it. There are topics creams over the counter which usually work within the first few months of a wound. Dermatologists have machines that can help reformulate scars after the one year mark has passed. If there is no pain, no drainage, then usually this is of little concern.