News Feed Discussions Scar Tissue

• Scar Tissue

Posted by Casimir on February 17, 2020 at 7:45 am

When dealing with scar tissue around the spermatic cord, cremaster muscle, or other structures in the groin or abdomen when mesh is NOT involved, and nerves may be coursing through it etc… are there methods that are generally medically accepted as having potentially positive impact worth trying to safely break / soften it up and offer relief and better range of motion?

Massage seems a little suspect to me, am I wrong? Stretching doesn’t seem to do much other than aggravate the nerves.

Is ultrasound safe in these regions? To the nerves?

I’ve heard of a few other techniques perusing the web but… as often is the case they are clinical discussions, and don’t specifically deal with groin issues, that I have seen.

Any feedback is very appreciated.
    Chris

Spartan replied 3 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Spartan

May 14, 2020 at 6:29 pm

Systematic Enzymes are known to eat up fibrin in scar tissue. Obviously Zinc is a mineral that helps as well. I use Serrakor NK for general use. Most Nattozyme product will do you.

• Alephy

February 17, 2020 at 10:10 am

Yeah Salmon is great! I always eat some when I feel sore

• Casimir

February 17, 2020 at 8:03 am

@alephy Thank you. I take fish oil perhaps that helps. And LOVE salmon 🙂 I ordered a castor oil pack kit on referral from a therapist, I am not sure what to expect as I don’t see much clinical backup on it but will be happy to report what I experience.

• Alephy

February 17, 2020 at 7:58 am

When I had joint pain in the past due to injury I found great relief in an omega 3 rich diet (eg fish)…more than stretching I would try some specific exercises aimed at strength…the slower the movements involved the better…as this might take a long time it’s best to gear the exercises towards a more general goal than recovering (in my case I aimed not just at recovery but improvement in certain movements and feeling)…my 2 cents

• Casimir

February 17, 2020 at 7:47 am

…or if mesh is involved, does that make a difference?