News Feed Discussions Serrapeptase?

• Serrapeptase?

Posted by Unknown Member on July 19, 2018 at 7:39 pm

I have read that one shouldn’t use serrapeptase – an enzyme that takes away scar tissue, and combats inflammation, if you have had hernia repair done with mesh. This is because scar tissue they said is what the mesh depends on to work. I don’t fully understand. Does anyone know anything about this?

Chaunce1234 replied 6 years ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Chaunce1234

July 23, 2018 at 1:22 am
    quote acausal23:

I have read that one shouldn’t use serrapeptase – an enzyme that takes away scar tissue, and combats inflammation, if you have had hernia repair done with mesh. This is because scar tissue they said is what the mesh depends on to work. I don’t fully understand. Does anyone know anything about this?

I don’t know much of anything about serrapeptase so I can’t offer much commentary about that specifically.

But as for mesh in hernia repair, my understanding is that mesh relies on the bodies scar tissue that grows through it forming a lattice of sorts that basically keeps the mesh in place to maintain the repair, at least that is my understanding of how mesh is supposed to work. I am not a doctor however, so a surgeon may offer a better explanation.

I am not sure if taking an anti-inflammatory matters much in that process, I know it’s fairly routine for patients to be given NSAID after surgery though.

• dog

July 19, 2018 at 9:25 pm
    quote acausal23:

Great point ! make sense …But if you dont….it is great product