News Feed Discussions Surgery experience with Dr Brown

• Surgery experience with Dr Brown

Posted by fidel18 on May 31, 2019 at 6:42 pm

I had my right inguinal hernia surgery done by Dr. William Brown last May 22. I flew from San Diego to Fremont just to get the surgery. I am self-pay and raised money for the operation since I did not work anymore after the hernia manifested, so I found Dr. Brown’s rates to be very reasonable. I am nine days post-op and I am feeling fine, with expected little pain from the surgery. I flew to Fremont Monday, May 20, met Dr. Brown Tuesday morning for consultation, and had the surgery 7 a.m. on Wednesday. I flew back to San Diego Saturday after the recovery period within the confines of my hotel room with my son. To save on money, we checked into the Motel 6 North. The room was reasonably clean and newly furnished. Fortunately, the hotel was beside a Lucky market and restaurants and a donut shop, so everything I needed was within reach. Dr. Brown called the next morning to ask for updates. We still communicate through cellphone. He explained he did the Marcy/Desarda method on me. I believe my healing is doing well now. I still drink 15ml of Milk of Magnesia every 3 or 4 a.m. to help my bowel movement a few hours later. I drive from time to time to buy my personal needs or go to some coffeeshops or Mcdo to drink coffee and read a book. To help relieve the pain and inflammation, besides Tylenol, I take Bromelain (2x a day) and chew on Arnica Relief. These are homeopathic medicines that could be bought from GNC or VitaminShoppe. I think they are helping in my fast recovery…….I would like to take this opportunity to thank Dr. Brown. He really is a great surgeon with empathy and concern towards patients. I am also thankful to the people in this forum and its moderators as their invaluable inputs helped greatly in my research and learning.

dog replied 4 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • dog

July 6, 2019 at 6:15 am

I hope you still doing excellent!

• dog

June 22, 2019 at 5:10 am
    quote idoncov:

What a coincidence. I had a right inguinal hernia no mesh repair done by Dr Brown on May 3rd, except that I convalesced at Motel 6 South. So far so good. Knock on wood.

Glad to know … ::}}}

• idoncov

June 21, 2019 at 5:33 am

What a coincidence. I had a right inguinal hernia no mesh repair done by Dr Brown on May 3rd, except that I convalesced at Motel 6 South. So far so good. Knock on wood.

• dog

June 1, 2019 at 5:22 am

fidel18 Thank you so much for your feedback ! You are saved! Fremont is a great city ,everything close by..most important Dr Brown is doctor from the God and was there for you all the time{ 5 min away or one cell phone call away} and he will be on your side via all process for your recovery . Myself i never ever experienced that kind of care until had experience with dr Brown. For a few new visitors her is my full report. https://www.herniatalk.com/10267-exc…n-golden-hands