News Feed Discussions To Remove or Not to Remove?

• Mesh

January 4, 2016 at 6:53 am

To Remove or Not to Remove?

Thanks Dr Towfigh,

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
    I guess I will contact you via email?

• drtowfigh

January 4, 2016 at 3:04 am

Thank you for your post. It’s a super important one.

Also, let me know how I can help you. All your symptoms are potentially curable, but it will be a long process that requires your patience.

Please contact me if you’re up to taking that path.

• Mesh

January 2, 2016 at 5:46 am

I’m not sure if I’m allowed to disclose that here.
    I can tell you he is one of major advertisers out there for mesh removal.
    He performs very invasive open procedures. Severely traumatic.

A surgeon who has done this operation before many times I believe should show some compassion and prepare the patient or educate them on what to expect after such trauma. Not just expect the patient to have all the questions. This felt like a trick, like a sale or a case study more than a service. More like you were being experimented on. I knew it but I failed to leave at the last minute.
    There’s always that thought about hey the mesh is going to come out and that will be a good thing but
    the price you pay for that is un imagineably torturous. The trade off is no comparison to your physical self before removal. It’s not conducive if you had any sort of a physical lifestyle prior to removal. It basically disables you severely. I can see removal for a balled up piece or an infection or someone who is limping in pain with mesh in but not for someone with discomfort and the mesh is in perfectly. You’re taking mesh out, cutting nerves and altering the anatomy with a very tense repair..how can that ever be better?
    Risky Business.

• Unknown Member

Deleted User
    January 2, 2016 at 3:15 am

Sorry to hear about this, man. I hope there is a solution for you and I think you’ve come to the right place. Can I ask who performed your removal and neurectomy?

Page 2 of 2