News Feed Discussions Upstate ny surgeon

• Upstate ny surgeon

Posted by Kelly88 on January 6, 2016 at 6:28 pm

I was referred by this site / Dr. Earle to dr. Schwaitzberg in buffalo. Long story short he’s been great but now wants me to see endocrinologist ( I think ob surgeon convinced him of this she was very rude to me, said tears don’t exist unless visible on scans) bloodwork shows possible endocrine problems. Which I’m sure it does, I feel sick, the hernias/tears are harboring bacteria causing pain there’s possible organ damage as well (my ovaries have failed) I’ve been pushed aside for 3 yrs given pill after pill.

I now take nothing. I endure the pain. I have a 20k non allergic diet to get as many minerals in so I can heal. But I need surgery.

40 yrs old, 107 lbs. all started after childbirth 3 yrs ago.

Mri: umbilical hernia
    Endoscopy: hiatal hernia
    Symptoms: can not stand up due to pain can feel tearing/hernias can’t bend over pick things up beyond debilitating. Can’t sit upright there’s a hernia/tear right near my rectum. I have to go to dr appts laying down on mattress in my truck with a driver.
    Severe back pain. During my period it’s unbearable.

Can you or anyone reading:) please refer me to a surgeon in the New York (upstate) or surrounding area.

I really need someone to listen to my pain. To understand how serious this is to know that just because more doesn’t show up on scans medicine is not the only answer!!

I will keep going until I get this fixed.

Thank you.

Kelly88 replied 8 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • drtowfigh

January 10, 2016 at 4:47 am

Upstate ny surgeon

If you have out of network benefits with your insurance I strongly suggest you take advantage of it and see Dr Jacob.

Alternatively, try Dr Steven Goldstein. He is a contributor on this forum. You can read his Bio on this site.

• Kelly88

January 8, 2016 at 8:08 pm

Upstate ny surgeon

Dr Jacob does not accept my insurance: Aetna

Is there anyone else you could recommend?

I’m close to hiring an rv and driving to Beverly hills!!:)

This has been so hard.

• Kelly88

January 7, 2016 at 12:58 pm

Upstate ny surgeon

Your diagnosis to my previous post was spot on. To have someone intelligently respond to my symptoms and mri is like the sky clearing! To go to dr after dr and just be prescribed meds and sent home gets hard but I’m staying strong.

thank you so much for your response above.

I am so thankful for your time. I have such clear signs of tears/hernias it’s so frustrating having to “convince” doctors. Especially when my pain is so bad.

I will contact that surgeon today.

• drtowfigh

January 7, 2016 at 6:39 am

Upstate ny surgeon

Hernias can cause pain with bending, your period, and it’s best when lying flat. It can also radiate to your back.

See Dr Brian Jacob in Manhattan. I know it’s a long ways but he is very skilled and knowledgeable.