News Feed Discussions Woman femoral hernia

• Woman femoral hernia

Posted by Corrierem on September 27, 2017 at 7:36 pm

To start I am a woman, diagnosed with umbilical hernia, inguenal hernia, however they are not what’s causing my pain. My family doctor has felt the femoral hernia but imaging shows nothing. There was a point I could not put my pants on because the pain was excruciating. She pushed it back in and for the first time I could walk and felt like me again, sadly this did not last. The pain level when she pushed it in nearly caused me to pass out from hurting so bad, but it worked temporarily. I have seen men general surgeons, sadly my woman doctor is not a surgeon. She can’t understand why a surgeon can’t feel it. I even traveled from AK to WA state to see a so called hernia doctor that was dismissive and rude to me wanting me to see a pain center, why? So I can be on pills?? No thank you. I had to break down and take a couple of them and they leave me feeling more helpless than before. I want to be me again and I want my life back. I can’t vacuum or do any of my normal routine. I feel like I’m 80 and I’m only 44. I’m beyond frustrated with the pain and it’s affecting my overall health making my ovary cysts more painful as I stress more. I’m a hot mess and desperately need help. Feeling defeated and worthless at this point.

LeviProcter replied 6 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • LeviProcter

October 3, 2017 at 3:38 pm

Femoral hernias can be difficult to diagnose on exam and on certain imaging formats. The best imaging modality of un-appreciated hernias on other imaging (i.e. US, CT scan, etc) is an MRI. That imaging modality is the gold standard imaging for occult, or difficult to identify, hernias of the groin (inguinal/femoral/etc).

• Jnomesh

September 28, 2017 at 12:31 am

I would get a cat scan or a MRI-I let dr. Towfigh weigh in which she thinks is best of the two-if the tests come back normal i would then send these to a surgeon who is an expert at finding hidden or occult hernias by reading these scans. However in your case it is even more bizarre since you mentione a bulge pooped out. Dr. Towfigh has mentioned she reads the scans herself and from my own experience dr. Belyanski does too. They may each have there own preference as to the type of test they prefer.