News Feed Discussions long term efficacy of triple neurectomy Reply To: long term efficacy of triple neurectomy

• Good intentions

June 10, 2019 at 4:50 pm
    quote allj:

New surgeon is going to put in a heart skin muscle from a pig covered with a plastic mesh. He wants to cut the inguinal higher and thinks the sensations that are being picked up are from the iliohypo nerve and wants to cut that up. If I understood him correctly he said the new mesh and skin will make it difficult if not impossible to do the ilihypo later if that is causing a problem.

Good luck Alan. You are far in to the realm of experimentation. As has been written on the site by real surgeons, the various nerves are not distinct and separate. There is “cross talk” and interconnectivity.

Why is he planning to implant more mesh, for a pain problem? Do you have another hernia? I would be worried. Consciously or subconsciously, older people are seen as not worth as much time and effort as younger people. There was an article very recently in one of the major publications, the NY Times I think, about it. Your surgeon is planning to use a new and unproven (in humans) material and cut nerves that he is unsure of, creating a situation that will, by his own words, be permanent and unfixable. I don’t see any good coming from his plan. Lots of guessing and hoping.

Read mamadunlop’s stories and plan carefully.

https://www.herniatalk.com/5197-6-hernia-surgeries-6-months-post-op-new-pain