News Feed Discussions Trying to Get A Hernia Diagnosis Trying to Get A Hernia Diagnosis

• Helene

January 15, 2015 at 2:26 am

Trying to Get A Hernia Diagnosis

I would like to give a follow up report regarding my daughter who is now about 10 months post laparoscopic bilateral inguinal hernia repairs.
    It is a good news story. She has had a few scares with pelvic pain where there was concern that she had another hernia. Each time, it was ruled out via Dynamic Musculoskeletal Ultrasound at Thomas Jefferson Univ Hospital in Philadelphia. She was given total clearance to begin to exercise. We made the decision for her to have Physical Therapy….another great decision we made. The intent is to build core muscle strength and to make sure that any scar tissue doesn’t impede further progress.

Dr Towfigh, let me thank you for support. We were on the search for 2-3 painful years to find the doctors to believe her pain had a physical basis. Getting in touch with you confirmed that I had to keep fighting to get a proper diagnosis for her. I did and it worked!

My daughter is a second semester senior in college and finally this year, for the first time, she is having a “normal” college experience.