News Feed Discussions Trying to Get A Hernia Diagnosis Trying to Get A Hernia Diagnosis

• Helene

June 9, 2015 at 9:57 pm

Trying to Get A Hernia Diagnosis

Well, once again, I am thrilled to be a part of this blog…although I wish I didn’t need it. In the past few weeks since my daughter’s Dr said yes to to a hernia and yet her last Ultrasound was negative, her pain has been up and down. She tried to resume to her normal activities including running and hiking. Three days ago, she again began with excruciating pain that wouldn’t go away. Pain high enough that she considered going to the ER. We also noticed that her belly button area actually looked more flat than round…something new. Her local Doctor ordered a Stat CT Scan this afternoon and the results came in as Positive for an Umbilical Hernia. Do you believe that I am correct in assuming that the weakness was there when this most recent event happened a few weeks ago and her recent activity finally broke it open all the way?

This time, the physical exam with the correct radiology…CT….found the hernia.

I hate hate hate that my daughter once again has to have surgery but, on the other hand, I am happy that we have a diagnosis and she will again return to living pain free.

Thank you again for the support you provide.