News Feed Discussions Muscle atrophy Muscle atrophy

• Momof4

March 13, 2016 at 11:08 pm

Muscle atrophy

I am worried about it being misread. In my experience, the radiologist doesn’t even know how to look for hernia or mesh problems. What good is imaging if it can’t be read correctly? Before my last procedure, I had a CT scan and the radiologist didn’t see anything and the Dr didn’t either. The fellow saw some muscle atrophy the day before my procedure. I don’t understand how the scan was negative but my OR report says the following things were addressed- right direct and Indirect inguinal hernia, right femoral hernia, left femoral hernia, left indirect inguinal hernia, supra pubic weakness and symptomatic diastasis. How could I have multiple hernias, that were causing lots of pain, and they weren’t seen?! On the day after my surgery the fellow seemed surprised that I had “multiple hernias”. Knowing what was seen during surgery, I have to wonder if the radiologist or Dr would see them on imaging.now. Thank you for your help with this and for educating other physicians and radiologists about this problem.