Reply To: Soliciting advice, and maybe input from Dr. Towfigh

Hernia Discussion Forums Hernia Discussion Soliciting advice, and maybe input from Dr. Towfigh Reply To: Soliciting advice, and maybe input from Dr. Towfigh

Good intentions
Participant

Is it possible that the pain and swelling is the result of external forces causing internal irritation? Like the elastic band pressure of whatever you are wearing? I had found that certain clothes caused irritation because the waist height caused pressure at the bump left by the original direct hernia area. In my case though, there is still a piece of mesh at that spot. This lasted for years and has only resolved recently.

In other words is there a correlation between clothes and discomfort. I remember that you run a lot of miles on a regular basis. A small force might have large consequences. It might explain the seeming randomness of the problem.

I am just past five years since mesh removal and the last six months have been pretty dramatic in terms of improvement. I am doing much more and feeling fewer delayed after-effects. It might be both heartening and disheartening to suggest that you wait. If you do find a correlation with clothing or certain activities it might be worthwhile to avoid those for months at a time then retry later. See what happens.

New Report

Close

Skip to toolbar