News Feed Discussions Excellent discussion with hernia genius JF–Watchful bryant pinto..mike m Reply To: Excellent discussion with hernia genius JF–Watchful bryant pinto..mike m

• Good intentions

April 22, 2023 at 7:27 am

Watchful, could you provide some references or at least more commentary about your opinions below?

Not to insult you but I’ve noticed that you seem to be trending away from the logical and rigorous approach that led you to Shouldice. Your statements are getting vague and as you say below, “generalized”. “least bad”? What does that even mean?

Again, no offense intended. I just hate to see people slide down that path of falling for the marketing and advertising, or, in your case, doubting that the good research work they did was the right way to do things.

A couple of quotes from your posts above –

“However, if I knew mesh was the way to go in my case, I would seriously consider lap mesh instead of open. You and a couple others here had a bad experience with it, but it seems to have better results overall based on studies.”

“I think that objectively and generally speaking, it has been shown to be the least bad approach all things considered. “