News Feed Discussions Herniasurge – what happened to it? No updates, no contact points Reply To: Herniasurge – what happened to it? No updates, no contact points

• Good intentions

May 17, 2023 at 11:40 am

This is a replay for William from Oceanic’s Topic.

I think that many surgeons got roped in to the Guidelines effort without realizing what was actually happening. It seemed like a good idea to create a baseline of methods, at least to use for future reference. But the failure to follow-up on the promises to update the document, and the constant and growing problem with mesh-related pain, has probably made many of them question their association with the document. Dr. Campanelli and Dr. Conze are not shown as members of the new Collaboration group.

The Collaboration and some or all of the members were shown in a recent publication about the fairly new Scrotal Inguinal Hernia guidelines. Post #34383 in my other thread. The Journal of Abdominal Wall Surgery (JAWS, ha ha ha) is the official publication of the European Hernia Society. You can see how powerful the EHS is getting.

https://herniatalk.com/forums/topic/herniasurge-what-happened-to-it-no-updates-no-contact-points/#post-34383

https://www.frontierspartnerships.org/articles/10.3389/jaws.2023.11195/full

Here is the list of members at that time, apparently. Notice that they still talk about HerniaSurge as an existing authoritative entity but only suggest contacting authors of individual segments directly if there are questions.

HerniaSurge Collaboration
    F. Agresta, F. Berrevoet, I. Burgmans, D. C. Chen (AHS), A. de Beaux, B. East, N. Henriksen, F. Köckerling, M. Lopez-Cano, R. Lorenz, M. Miserez, A. Montgomery, S. Morales-Conde, C. Oppong, M. Pawlak, M. Podda, D. Sanders, A. Sartori, M.P. Simons (former EHS secretary for quality), C. Stabilini (EHS secretary for Science), H. M. Tran (Australasian Hernia Society), N. van Veenendaal, M. Verdauguer, R. Wiessner.

Herniasurge – what happened to it? No updates, no contact points