News Feed Discussions 6 hernia surgeries…. 6 months post op..new pain Reply To: 6 hernia surgeries…. 6 months post op..new pain

• mamadunlop

June 11, 2017 at 4:43 pm

No, I now have a biological patch…. basically from hip to hip and groin to belly button…. one big pig skin. It was a very difficult repair, and my left side is always what has given me trouble, though I have had them on my right as well. The new one is in the same spot on my left that has given me a lot of trouble, it is pretty far over to the side, so it is hard to repair. I guess I am just frustrated more than anything….. I am overweight, and know that I need to lose weight (5’3″ 220 pounds) but not being able to exercise really puts a damper on that…and honestly, when you are in and out of recovery or in pain, it is very hard mentally to get on top of that. I soooo want to. But I also know that is not a magic fix either. I am sure genetically there must be a reason. This all started with a hysterectomy 8 years ago that gave me my first incisional hernia. I feel like I am made of swiss cheese 🙂