News Feed Discussions Opinions on mesh removal & managing chronic pain Reply To: Opinions on mesh removal & managing chronic pain

• Momof4

August 22, 2017 at 12:20 pm

I think you may have read me wrong. I am thankful for the truth and honesty about the potential risks of mesh removal. I just found it funny to be on a surgeon’s forum saying not to use surgeons who are on forums. It seems as though you both have had bad outcomes from the same doctor who has an extensive website about mesh removal. It is definitely difficult when we feel desperate for relief from pain and get sold a procedure that is not optimal for our situation. I believe everyone’s case is unique and therefore removal needs to be tailored for each individual patient. We all react differently, too. I had a triple neurectomy back at the start of this nightmare. While I haven’t had any pain effects from the procedure, like some, I had muscle atrophy and bulging, which show that these nerves are not just sensory! I would not recommend using a surgeon who promises “instant relief”. I do hope to get relief from many of my symptoms and realize there will not be instant improvement and recovery will take a lot of effort on my part. Trust me, I have done lots of research and reading and had discussions with multiple people, doctors and patients alike, and feel that I am making the best decision possible. Like I told Jgens, I hope you begin to improve and regain your quality of life. I appreciate your honesty and effort to help others learn from your experience.