News Feed Discussions Post Hernia Mesh Issues – Looking for next steps, thoughts, feedback? Reply To: Post Hernia Mesh Issues – Looking for next steps, thoughts, feedback?

• Jnomesh

December 1, 2017 at 9:43 pm

Dr. Igor Belyanski in MD has expertise in removing hernia mesh . The way your mesh was out in is the way it should be removed ie open BS laparoscopically. Belyanski specializes in robotic assisted lapro removals but is also doing more
    open removals of mesh placed openly too. He still prefers to replace the removed mesh with more mesh but definitely will not do so if you don’t want that.
    my logic is to first see if there is anything wrong with the mesh itself: i.e. Is it folded or migrated. Dr. Belyanski is an expert at reading catscans and in many cases can see if the mesh is folded or migrated or if the mesh looks to he in the proper place. Contrary to many voices out there this can be done. The problem is most surgeons and radiologist don’t know what to look for or how to see mesh on the cat scan.
    So id get a cat scan and send it to dr. Igor Belyanski even if you don’t intend to use homebfor removal this way you can here what he has to say as looks at your cat scan. You can send the scan to his office for review.
    if he says all looks well my advice would be then to try everything else you can (nerve blocks, medicine, PT etc) before considering havekng the mesh removed-Unless it is at a point where you can’t function.
    if there is something wrong with the mesh itself however, it should be removed.
    hope this helps-